1. Strip the bed and remove the memory foam mattress topper.
2. Vacuum the entire mattress topper to remove any dirt, dust, or debris.
3. Mix together a cleaning solution of cold water and laundry detergent.
4. Using a spray bottle, apply the solution to the entire surface of the memory foam mattress topper.
5. Allow the solution to sit for 10-15 minutes.
6. Rinse the mattress topper with cold water.
7. Gently scrub the surface of the mattress topper with a soft-bristled brush to remove any remaining dirt or stains.
8. Rinse the mattress topper again with cold water.
9. Place the mattress topper in the washing machine and wash on the delicate cycle with cold water.
10. Add a cup of white vinegar to the wash cycle to help disinfect and remove any lingering odors.
11. When the cycle is finished, remove the mattress topper from the washing machine and air dry.
Preparing the Topper
1. Start by stripping the bed and removing the mattress topper. If it is not possible to remove the topper, proceed to the next step.
2. Sprinkle baking soda generously over the topper.
3. Vacuum the topper to remove the baking soda.
4. If there are any remaining spots or stains, treat them with a suitable cleaner.
5. Allow the topper to dry completely before returning it to the bed. If possible, air it out in the sun for a few hours.
Cleaning the Topper
1. It is important to clean your mattress topper on a regular basis. Vacuuming it regularly will help to remove any dust or dirt that has accumulated on it. You can also spot clean it with a mild detergent if there are any stains.
2. If you have a mattress protector, be sure to remove it before you start cleaning the topper. This will help to prevent any damage to the protector.
3. Vacuum the topper using the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner. Start at the top and work your way down, taking care to vacuum all sides of the topper.
4. If you spot any stains, treat them with a mild detergent before vacuuming again. Be sure to rinse the area well after cleaning.
5. Allow the topper to air dry completely before putting the mattress protector back on.
Drying the Topper
1. If your topper is wet, start by blotting up as much water as possible with a clean, dry towel.
2. Next, place the topper in a well-ventilated area to air dry.
3. If possible, prop the topper up on a few pillows or towels to help promote airflow.
4. Check on the topper periodically to make sure it is drying evenly. If not, rotate or flip it as needed.
5. Once the topper is dry, give it a light fluffing to restore its shape before putting it back on your bed.